Here's the rundown of an easy method for growing #shiitake:
1. Take a log, preferably a solid hardwood like oak that has been cut/fallen from a living tree a few weeks ago
2. Drill rows of 1/2 inch holes, spaced 6" apart, rows spaced 2"
3. Fill the holes with shiitake spawn/sawdust mixture
4. Cover the holes up with wax to protect the spawn
5. Keep moist, wait a few weeks until the log is fully cultured
6. Force fruiting by submerging in water for 24h
7. Experiment, harvest for n years
Here's a link to the presentation for anyone interested https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vThj4U2ompX-oSLAk81gnziLZvkw0zYvPUVE6KitkjNZ1g27Lbu3Nc1aUeeNLTgzBSTJuQoXYZs3EnO/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000
Welcome to Grumpy's Bar! Twas once a proud bar for losers on Ravine Street, Cincinnati, now it is an online space for sharing triumphs, misdeeds, and musings over a digital Grumpy's Ale.